JOINING EFFORTS FOR
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN THE BLACK SEA REGION
THE ARMENIAN CHAIRMANSHIP-IN-OFFICE OF
THE ORGANIZATION OF THE BLACK SEA ECONOMIC COOPERATION
(1 July - 31 December 2013)
Guided by the Charter of the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation, the Istanbul Summit Declaration on the occasion of the Twentieth anniversary of BSEC and the Organization’s new economic strategy (“BSEC Economic Agenda: Towards an Enhanced BSEC Partnership”),
being consistent with the previous BSEC Chairmanships,
the Armenian Chairmanship-in-Office is committed to address the following overall objectives:
- promotion of economic cooperation in the BSEC Region,
- implementation of BSEC Economic Agenda,
- improvement of the efficiency of BSEC through the Organization’s project-oriented agenda.
- Enhancement of efficiency of the BSEC Organization and strengthening its economic component through further prioritization of cooperation areas;
- Qualitative renewal of scope of cooperation within the BSEC Working Groups;
- Enhancement of the project-oriented dimension of BSEC through strengthening the project management capacity (including that of the BSEC Project Development Fund);
- Further application of the fast track and ad hoc mechanisms in certain areas of cooperation;
- Broader application of the cross-sectoral dimension;
- Improvement of interaction settings with the BSEC Related Bodies, Observers and Sectoral Dialogue Partners;
- Increasing of the visibility of BSEC.
Trade and Economic Development
Promotion of intra-regional trade and investments.
Facilitation of customs and border crossing procedures in conformity with the relevant national legislations and international conventions.
Smooth implementation of adopted Memoranda and promotion of relevant infrastructural projects.
Promotion of cooperation among national administrative bodies in charge of renewable energy sources and energy efficiency policies.
Agriculture and Agro-Industry
Improvement of the export-import procedures, ensuring food safety.
Small and Medium Entrepreneurship
Promotion of energy efficiency in SMEs, cooperation on technology parks.
Information and Communication Technologies
Promotion of the ICT cooperation among the Member States, initiation of the 2nd phase of the project on “Technology Transfer Network for the BSEC Region”, efforts toward creation of the BSEC ICT incubators association.
Science and Technology
Implementation of the Working Group’s Action Plan for 2010-2014 focusing on capacity building, research infrastructure and innovation.
Institutional Renewal and Good Governance
Exchanging information on national policies aimed at improving governance capacities in the BSEC Member States,
Combating Crime, in particular in its Organized Forms
Enhancing cooperation in the field of combating transnational crimes.
Sharing the best practices in prevention and overcoming the consequences of emergencies in the Member States.
Sharing best practices in environment protection of the Member States, interaction with international organizations.
Healthcare and Pharmaceutics
Making efforts toward the signing of the “Agreement on Cooperation in the Field of Sanitary Protection of the Territories of the BSEC Member States”.
Enhancing cooperation and exchange of information on national policies and best practices.
Encouraging cultural cooperation among the Member States, promoting the BSEC cultural tourism projects.
Promotion of joint programs on post-graduate studies.