The Russian Federation is the Country -Coordinator for the Working Group on Cooperation in Science and Technology for the term-in-office from 1 July 2016 – 30 June 2018.
Ambassador Bratislav DORDEVIC - Executive Manager in PERMIS in charge of the Working Group firstname.lastname@example.org
PURSUING INNOVATION BASED ON REASEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
IN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Science and Technology is a priority area of cooperation since the very establishment of the BSEC. The mission of the Working Group on Cooperation in Science and Technology, established in 1994, is to promote cooperative activities in the BSEC Region in the field of science and technology, being guided by the relevant provisions of the BSEC Charter and other BSEC Statutory Documents, the ‘BSEC Economic Agenda’, the ‘Resolutions, Decisions and Recommendations of the BSEC Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs’, the ‘Second BSEC Action Plan on Cooperation in Science and Technology (2010-14)’, the Declarations of the Ministers in charge of Science and Technology of the BSEC Member States, its Terms of Reference and the consecutive two year Plans of Action.
• promoting regional cooperation in the field of Science and Technology;
• putting knowledge to the forefront of its activities;
• greater valorization of the scientific and technological potential;
• developing cooperation and synergy with international organizations on equal and mutual beneficial basis;
• setting up joint research projects and programs including those with international organizations.
The key priorities for the activity of the Working Group, as defined by the “BSEC Economic Agenda Towards and Enhanced BSEC Partnership”, are the following:
• Focusing on human resources, capacity building, research infrastructure and innovation as areas of action;
• Developing a registry of national innovation related structures of the BSEC Member States and creating the conditions for their effective interaction;
• Encouraging joint research and training programmes among the Scientific Institutions and Universities in the Member States in line with their priorities;
• Identifying innovative ways for combining allocated public and private funds, including through public-private partnerships, and facilitating the access to other available financial resources;
• Strengthening the network among research institutions and universities for sharing know-how and experiences on innovative projects;
• Facilitating closer cooperation in the fields of science and technology among the BSEC Member States, the BSEC Related Bodies and with other partners and international organizations in order to encourage co-funding schemes for formulating and implementing regional research projects.
i) Finished / Finalized
- Development of Sorption-Membrane ‘Green’ Technology to Utilize Boron from Natural Waters and Wastewaters;
- Hybrid Catalytic Membrane Reactors for Water Purification;
- Hydro and thermodynamic processes in the Black Sea – land - atmosphere system and regional climate. Development of fundamentals of monitoring and forecasting system;
- Operational Framework of an advanced Telematics based Institute, for promotion of services on sustainable development in ICZM (Integrated Coastal Zone Management);
- Study of Science and Technological Park Activities as a Black Sea Regional Pole of Development’ ‘TECHPARK’;
- New cardiovascular planning and diagnostic tool for coronary arteries in BSEC countries using computational simulation;
- Experimental Deployment of an Integrated Grid and Cloud Enabled Environment in the BSEC Countries on the Base of g-Eclipse.
- Develop and Prepare an Experimental Sample of Data Logger Radon Measuring
Device Set with Data Collection Central Controller;
B) PROJECTS/ INITIATIVES/ EVENTS PUT FORWARD
- encouraging BSEC Member States to identify strategic partnerships in selected fields of science and technology and engaging their best scientists in the view of the Horizon 2020 launch;
- measuring the performance, adequacy, coherence, consistency and added value of the scientific activities as regards the evolving regional context;
- “Candle Light Source in the Republic of Armenia” within the framework of Horizon 2020;
- Four research project topics proposed by the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Moldova on the implementation of the Memorandum of Intent on Science and Technology BSEC-USA;
- elaborating on BSEC-UNESCO cooperation on Science and Technology.
C) POLICY DOCUMENTS AND OTHER MAJOR TEXTS
● DECLARATION OF THE MINISTERS RESPONSIBLE FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF THE BSEC MEMBER STATES (2005)
●STATEMENT OF THE MINISTERS RESPONSIBLE FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF THE BSEC MEMBER STATES (2007)
● DECLARATION OF THE MINISTERS RESPONSIBLE FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF THE BSEC MEMBER STATES (2010)
● DECLARATION OF THE MINISTERS IN CHARGE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF THE BSEC MEMBER STATES (2014)
● TERMS OF REFERENCE OF THE BSEC WORKING GROUP ON COOPERATION IN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
● THIRD BSEC ACTION PLAN ON COOPERATION IN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (2014-2018)
● PLAN OF ACTION OF THE WORKING GROUP ON COOPERATION IN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (JULY 2014-JUNE 2016)
● MEMORANDUM OF INTENT ON SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COOPERATION BETWEEN THE ORGANIZATION OF THE BLACK SEA ECONOMIC COOPERATION AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, SIGNED ON 26 NOVEMBER 2010.
• Meeting of the Ministers in charge of Science and Technology of the BSEC Member States (Baku, 3 December 2014)
• Meeting of the Ministers Responsible for Science and Technology of the BSEC Member States (Sofia, 9 April 2010)
• Meeting of the Ministers Responsible for Science and Technology of the BSEC Member States (Istanbul, 31 October 2007)
• Meeting of the Ministers Responsible for Science and Technology of the BSEC Member States (Athens, 28 September 2005)