Annex 3 to BS/WG/ICT/R(2020)1
OF THE BSEC WORKING GROUP
ON INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES
January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021
Country-Coordinator: Republic of Bulgaria
- GENERAL OBJECTIVES:
The present Action Plan of the Working Group on Information and Communication Technologies (hereinafter – WG ICT) defines main goals, objectives and measures for the closer cooperation in the field of Information and Communication Technologies among the BSEC Member States for the period 2020-2021.
In its activities the Working Group will be guided by the BSEC Charter, the Istanbul Summit Declaration on the Black Sea Economic Cooperation signed on 25 July 1992, the BSEC Economic Agenda, the Resolutions, Decisions and Recommendations adopted by the BSEC Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs and decisions of the Ministers in charge for Information and Communication Technologies of the BSEC Member States.
As one of the BSEC priority tasks is to ensure sustainable development in the Black Sea region, key efforts of the WG ICT are expected to be focused on enhancing the close cooperation in the field of ICT between the Ministries responsible for ICTs of the BSEC Member States.
Proper attention will be given to the review of Goal 12 of the BSEC Economic Agenda “Sustainable information society with advanced Information and Communication Technology infrastructure” in order the nine frameworks to be updated in view of the rapid development of the ICT sector and the fact that BSEC Economic Agenda was adopted in June 26, 2012.
Goal 12: Sustainable information society with advanced Information and Communication Technology infrastructure, states nine frameworks of actions:
- Developing joint projects for improvement and growth of Information and Communication Technologies tools and applications.
- Taking joint measures to provide a safer cyber-space in the BSEC Region and exchanging experiences and best practices on combating cyber-crime.
- Encouraging connection of the BSEC Region’s telecommunication infrastructure to the Trans-European telecommunications networks.
- Supporting efforts by the BSEC Member States to establish and develop relevant Information and Communication Technologies infrastructure with a view to addressing regional connectivity challenges and promoting viable projects in this sector having regional impact.
- Encouraging cooperation among the BSEC Member States and with the relevant international organizations with regard to developing communication technologies in the postal service and introducing advanced postal processing, modernization and automation of procedures.
- Encouraging establishment of companies in the BSEC Member States with the view to creating high added value and providing complex engineering solutions and services, local IT products competitive in international markets.
- Encouraging the private sector in developing the use of Information and Communications Technologies in the BSEC Member States by promoting investments in new technologies and networking, where possible.
- Promoting cooperation among the Information and Communication Technology companies, techno parks and incubators of the BSEC Member States.
- Considering opportunities for the strategic development and interaction of infrastructure networks, either fixed, mobile or satellite in the Black Sea area, in the framework of global telecommunications.
The Working Group on ICT will continue to encourage and support the training seminars/workshops and conferences aimed at exchanging experiences and best practices in the ICT sector among experts of the BSEC Member States, other countries and international organizations.
The Working Group on ICT will work on the following priority areas during the period 2020-2021:
- Exchanging ideas, experience and information on new trends in the information technology sector such as digital transformation, 5G, artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain, big data, quantum computing, Cloud Technologies, e- Government, robotics etc.;
- Sharing experience on opportunities and challenges for the policymakers in the field of information and communications technology related to the emerging technologies;
- Exchanging best practices on long-standing relevant issues, such as women in ICT, child online protection, bridging the digital divide, and high-speed connectivity in remote and sparsely populated areas, as well as on how communication and digital technologies can maximize their impact for policy responses due to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Encouraging the cooperation between businesses including education technology companies, as well as professional associations and civil society organizations in the BSEC Region.
- Explore the possibility for establishing a cooperation platform of the BSEC Member States in the field of innovations, collection of data on innovation ecosystems of BSEC Member States.
The Working Group will discuss at its next meetings a number of issues that have been initiated in the past and agreed to be considered at the next Meeting, as follows:
- Mutual recognition of electronic signature certificates;
- Establishment of cooperation on ICT innovation and start-ups;
- Expansion of cooperation between CERTs (Computer Emergency Response Team), including through the workshops and seminars for the experts from the BSEC Member States.
- LIST OF ACTIVITES AND JOINT MEETINGS:
- MINISTERIAL MEETINGS AND HIGH-LEVEL CONFERENCES:
Meeting of ICT Ministers of the BSEC Member States (TBD)
- MEETINGS OF THE WORKING GROUP:
1st Meeting – autumn 2020 HQ (TBD)
2nd Meeting – autumn 2021 (TBD)
- RELEVANT EVENTS:
Seminars, workshops, symposia and conferences will be organized during 2020-2021, among others:
- Workshop “Digital Transformation” - June 11, 2020, Sofia.
- COOPERATION WITH OTHER BSEC BODIES:
- Other Working Groups:
The Working Group on Information and Communication Technologies will cooperate with the Working Group on Science and Technology and the Working Group on Institutional Renewal and Good Governance.
- b) Related Bodies:
BSEC Business Council
- COOPERATION WITH BSEC OBSERVERS AND PARTNERS:
The Working Group on Information and Communication Technologies will cooperate with BSEC Observer countries and Sectoral Dialogue Partners in order to achieve the above-mentioned priorities. (In particular, the Working Group will explore ways to further strengthen the Korea-BSEC ICT Cooperation Program).
- COOPERATION WITH OTHER INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS:
The Working Group on Information and Communication Technologies will collaborate with international organizations, such as United Nations Development Program (UNDP), World Bank (WB), European Commission, Asian Development Bank (ADB), Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) and other international organizations and financial institutions.
- RESPONSIBLE INSTITUTION:
Ministry of Transport, Information Technology and Communications of the Republic of Bulgaria
Contact person: Ms. Adelina OGNYANSKA
Chief expert in International Cooperation in IT and Communications Dept., European Coordination and International Cooperation Directorate
Tel : +359 2 9409 613
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org