The Russian Federation is the Country Coordinator for the Working Group on Education for the term 1 January 2018 - 31 December 2019
Ambassador Bratislav DORDEVIC - Executive Manager in PERMIS in charge of the Working Group.
DEVELOPING DIALOGUE AND EXCHANGE THROUGH EDUCATION
The countries of the Black Sea region have a promising potential in education which may serve as a tool in the modernization of the economies and deeper regional integration.
The mission of the Working Group on Education, established in 2005, is to promote regional cooperation in the field of education, being guided by the relevant provisions of the BSEC Charter and other BSEC Statutory Documents, the BSEC Economic Agenda, the Resolutions, Decisions and Recommendations of the BSEC Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs, the Joint Declarations of the Ministers in charge of Education of the BSEC Member States, its Terms of Reference and the consecutive two year Plans of Action.
• promoting regional cooperation in the field of Higher Education,
• joint research projects and programs and greater valorization of the educational potential,
• encouraging higher student’s mobility and exchange among the Member States,
• fostering a dialogue and collaboration to enhance the importance of education in the region,
• developing wider international cooperation with other international organizations in the field of education, particularly with the European Union and UNESCO.
The key priorities for the activity of the Working Group, as defined by the “BSEC Economic Agenda Towards and Enhanced BSEC Partnership”, are the following:
• Supporting the exchange of information and experiences with regard to the modernization of the educational systems in the BSEC Member States aimed at increasing sustainable growth and the establishment of knowledge based societies.
• Promoting the scientific research for Sustainable Development of the BSEC Region.
• Building stronger regional synergy between the relevant authorities of the BSEC Member States and their business and academic communities.
• Enhancing cooperation in the field of vocational training among the BSEC Member States.
• Enhancing the exchange of information in the field of higher education through an Educational Portal of BSEC.
• Sharing experiences in quality assurance and developing a qualifications framework in higher education.
• Sharing best practices in the development of policies for recognizing the results of previous formal, informal or self-education.
• Promoting lifelong learning opportunities through joint programmes among the relevant institutions in the BSEC Member States.
• Supporting joint university research projects and post-graduate programmes.
• Encouraging the mobility of academic staff and students among the BSEC Member States, including through bilateral and multilateral agreements and scholarships among higher education institutions.
• Promoting legal and institutional framework for issuing dual diplomas on Black Sea studies.
• Developing the partnership with initiatives by the United Nations and other international organizations devoted to university cooperation on sustainability.
• Enhancing the BSEC Member States cooperation with technologically advanced countries, inter alia through organizing exchange programmes among national academies of sciences and universities.
• Promoting and supporting the development of joint academic programmes among the academies of sciences and universities of the BSEC Region.
- An Electronic Marketplace to Support Pairs of Less Widely Studied European Languages
- Network of Integrated Circuit Design Teaching Centers in Black Sea Region
- Training Programmes for the junior diplomats of the BSEC Member States organized by the Republic of Turkey (2010 and 2012);
- Portal on Education.
- Questionnaire on the mobility of academic staff and students among the BSEC Member States;
- promotion of development of joint educational programmes;
- exchanging best practices and information about conferences, seminars, symposiums and other events concerning education organized in each country;
- development of national qualification frameworks;
- use of ICT in education.
C) MAJOR DOCUMENTS
● JOINT BAKU DECLARATION OF THE BSEC MINISTERS OF EDUCATION (2004)
● JOINT ATHENS DECLARATION OF THE MINISTERS FOR EDUCATION OF THE BSEC MEMBER STATES IN HIGHER EDUCATION AND UNIVERSITY RESEARCH (2005)
● STATEMENT OF THE PARTICIPANTS OF THE MEETING OF THE UNDERSECRETARIES AND THE HEADS OF DELEGATIONS OF THE MINISTERS OF EDUCATION OF THE BSEC MEBER STATES (2007)
●JOINT MOSCOW DECLARATION OF THE MINISTERS IN CHARGE OF EDUCATION OF THE BSEC MEMBER STATES (2018)
● MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING ON COOPERATION AMONG DIPLOMATIC ACADEMIES AND INSTITUTES OF THE MINISTRIES OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE MEMBER STATES OF THE ORGANIZATION OF THE BLACK SEA ECONOMIC COPERATION (2007)
● TERMS OF REFERENCE OF THE BSEC WORKING GROUP ON EDUCATION
● PLAN OF ACTION OF THE BSEC WORKING GROUP ON EDUCATION (1 January 2018 – 31 December 2019)
• Meeting of the Ministers of Education of the BSEC Member States (Baku, 2004)
• Meeting of the Ministers of Education of the BSEC Member States (Athens, 2005)
• Meeting of the Undersecretaries and the Heads of Delegations of the Ministries of Education of the BSEC Member States (Istanbul, 2007)
•Meeting of the Ministers in Charge of Education of the BSEC Member States (Moscow, 2018)
• International Conference on “Professional Education and Economic Needs of the Black Sea Region” (Chisinau, 2015)