The Republic of Serbia is the Country Coordinator for the Working Group on Cooperation in Culture for the term 1 January 2017 - 31 December 2018.
Ambassador Bratislav DORDEVIC - Executive Manager in PERMIS in charge of the Working Group.
PROMOTING CULTURAL COOPERATION AND PROTECTING THE CULTURAL HERITAGE IN THE BLACK SEA REGION
The mission of the BSEC Working Group on Culture, established in 2006, is to promote regional cooperation in the field of culture, being guided by the relevant provisions of the BSEC Charter and other BSEC Statutory Documents, the BSEC Economic Agenda, the Resolutions, Decisions and Recommendations of the BSEC Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs, the Statement of the Ministers in charge of Culture of the BSEC Member States, its Terms of Reference and the consecutive two year Plans of Action.
- Promotion of intercultural dialogue to foster a positive understanding and building of trust between the peoples of the BSEC Region and beyond;
- Fostering the spirit of equality and respect of national cultural traditions;
- Protecting cultural diversity;
- Promotion of the cultural identity of the BSEC Region in the sense of its interconnections as well as of its shared human values, traditions and beliefs;
- Protection of cultural values in the BSEC area;
- Raising awareness and care for the protection of outstanding monuments and sites considered as part of the cultural and natural heritage;
- Encouragement of the harmonization of the legal framework of the BSEC Member States in the field of protection of cultural heritage, in accordance with the relative International Conventions, especially in those framework of UNESCO and the Council of Europe;
- Protection and support of intellectual and artistic activity and creative expressionism in arts, literature, music, cinema, sports, relevant to living cultures (crafts), indigenous knowledge, local traditions and expressions, logographic / ethnographic elements, culinary and other;
- Incorporation of culture in tourism activities within and outside BSEC region.
The key priorities for the activity of the Working Group, as defined by the “BSEC Economic Agenda Towards an Enhanced BSEC Partnership”, are the following:
- Promoting the restoration of major architectural monuments which are symbols of national and regional culture;
- Developing cooperation in combating illicit trafficking of cultural property belonging to the archaeological, historical, ethnographical heritage and the arts, inter alia through exchange of information to facilitate the return of lost or illegally exported cultural values within the existing legislation;
- Establishing an interdisciplinary network of scientists and experts, in order to promote research on the common cultural heritage of the Black Sea Region;
- Creating a virtual library reflecting the cultural heritage and identity in the Black Sea Region;
- Building networks of cooperation and developing joint projects in the field of modern culture (literature, theatre, dance, music and visual arts);
- Promoting cultural and creative industries and strengthening the role that they play in the cooperation among the BSEC Member States;
- Encouraging cultural tourism/cultural routes projects in the Black Sea region and their implementation;
- Promoting restoration and care projects of the architectural heritage on the territory of the BSEC Member States.
- Literary Ark: Ten Years Later (Republic of Armenia)
B) MAJOR DOCUMENTS
● JOINT DECLARATION OF THE MINISTERS IN CHARGE OF CULTURE AND TOURISM OF THE MEMBER STATES OF THE ORGANIZATION OF THE BLACK SEA ECONOMIC COOPERATION (2016)
● STATEMENT OF THE MINISTERS FOR CULTURE OF THE MEMBER STATES OF THE ORGANIZATION OF THE BLACK SEA ECONOMIC COOPERATION (2007)
● TERMS OF REFERENCE OF THE BSEC WORKING GROUP ON CULTURE
● PLAN OF ACTION OF THE BSEC WORKING GROUP ON CULTURE (1 January 2017-30 December 2018)
- Conference of the Ministers in charge of Culture and Tourism of the BSEC Member States (Sochi, 2016)
- Meeting of the Ministers for Culture of the BSEC Member States (Sounion, 2007)