TERMS OF REFERENCE OF THE WORKING GROUP ON COOPERATION IN TOURISM
Pursuant to Articles 4 and 12 of the BSEC Charter, the Working Group on Cooperation in Tourism is a BSEC Subsidiary Organ and shall carry out its activities in accordance with the following Terms of Reference :
1. PURPOSES/GENERAL OBJECTIVES
The purposes/general objectives of the Working Group are:
- Promoting the BSEC region as one of the leading tourist destinations of the world.
- Further strengthening cooperation of the Member States in the field of tourism, including enhancing dialogue on facilitation of visa procedures.
- Promoting new tourism products for the BSEC region.
- Promoting the joint marketing campaign of the BSEC Member States, inter alia by participating in international tourism exhibitions, fairs and festivals.
- Working out the possibilities of establishing a network among the tourism professionals, travel agencies and associations of the Member States.
- Developing and implementing joint projects and programmes, especially in the field of gastronomy and wine tourism, film-induced tourism, agritourism, maritime, winter sports, health, spa and wellness business tourism.
- Encouraging Cultural tourism/Cultural routes projects in the BSEC region and their implementation.
- Elaborating a regional tourism management programme that prioritizes the efficient use of the resources of the BSEC region, ensuring sustainable tourism development by adopting green growth strategies that will enable economic expansion while preserving natural and cultural heritage;
- Encouraging the promotion of multiculturalism in the BSEC region as an effective tourism resource and joint projects with a view to making known to the international tourism market the cultural diversity of the BSEC region.
The mandate of the Working Group is to:
- seek ways and means of promoting sustainable development of tourism in the BSEC Member States through the expansion and diversification of the tourist product;
- establish conditions suitable for tourism movement among the BSEC Member States;
- promote cooperation among the BSEC Member States by attracting tourists to the BSEC region through combined tours;
-seek ways and means of attracting investment to the tourism sector both from within and outside the BSEC region;
- promote technical cooperation, including the organization of seminars, exchanging scholarships and know-how;
- promote cooperation among the BSEC Member States in the fields of training, joint ventures, management, marketing and consultancy in tourism as well as the cooperation between the BSEC Member States and third countries;
- plan joint action in securing the financial support of the international financial institutions for the realization of tourism projects undertaken within the framework of the BSEC;
- promote the development and protection of the natural, cultural and historical values in the BSEC region;
- exchange statistical information on tourism activities of the BSEC Member States.
- examine the option for creating the web portal of internship possibilities in the BSEC Member States for students and graduates interested to pursue their careers in tourism and hospitality sectors.
3. SUBORDINATED BODIES AND RELEVANT EVENTS
The final documents (reports, conclusions, recommendations, summary of the proceedings etc.) of other BSEC events on Tourism (e.g. seminars, workshops, symposia, conferences), should be submitted for consideration to the Working Group and approval by the CSO.
4. RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHER INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
The Working Group should enhance close cooperation with the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), in implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding between BSEC and UNWTO signed in Athens on 23 October 2014, and other international organizations or entities related to tourism, in order to benefit from their experience and know-how and promote tourism in the BSEC region.
*The "Sepcific Provisions" of the Terms of Reference have to be read in conjunction with the "General Provisions".