EMPLOYMENT IN BSEC
Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit their application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Department dealing with Multilateral Economic affairs) of their respective country.
- The BSEC Staff is categorized as Directorial "D", Professional "P", and Supportive "S".
- Only the nationals of the BSEC Member States are eligible.
- Vacancies are announced to all Member States through diplomatic channels.
Please see below for more details :
RULE VI OF THE REGULATIONS FOR THE STAFF
1. The necessary requirements and description of duties applicable to all categories of the PERMIS staff are set forth in the Job Descriptions and the Terms of Office of the Staff of the PERMIS.
2. For the appointment of the staff categories D and P, the principles of professionalism and balanced representation on as wide basis as possible from all the Member States in accordance with the rule of rotation shall be applied.
3. When needed, upon approval by the Council, additional P staff may be seconded by the interested Member States.
4. For the appointment of the staff in categories D and P, the following procedure shall be observed:
a) The PERMIS shall announce the vacancies to all Member States one year in advance before the termination of the service concerned.
b) Only candidates who are nationals of the Member States are eligible.
c) The PERMIS shall circulate the curricula vitae of the candidates nominated by the Member States and other relevant information to all Member States. Unless otherwise decided by the Council, the interested Member State shall, in principle, propose two candidates.
d) The Committee of Senior Officials shall evaluate the applications, interview the candidates and recommend the candidates selected in accordance with the principles and the rules set forth in the above paragraphs 1 and 2 to the Council for appropriate decision.
5. Unless otherwise decided by the Council, the Secretary General shall be appointed for a period of three years and will be eligible for reappointment. The procedure for appointment will also be applicable for reappointment.
Unless otherwise decided by the Council, the Directorial Staff and the Professional staff shall be appointed for a period of three years, which can be renewed for up to two years.
The post for the First Deputy Secretary General shall be allocated to the nationals of the Host Country where the Permanent International Secretariat is located.
6. For the recruitment of the personnel in category S, the following method shall be applied:
- The Secretariat shall announce the vacancies to all Member States through diplomatic channels three months before the termination of the service concerned.
- The applicants shall be nationals of the Member States.
- Those who wish to apply may do so by completing an application form to be prepared and supplied by the PERMIS. These applications shall be accompanied with supporting documentation such as copies of identification papers, health reports, legal statement of good conduct and photos, etc.
- The final decision shall be made by the Secretary General, in consultation with the Directorial Staff, taking into account the international character of the Secretariat.
- A renewable fixed-term two-year employment contract containing the conditions of employment shall be signed for each appointment by the Secretary General, or his representative in accordance with Rule XX, and by the employee after completing successfully a probationary period of three months at the work assigned.